No one wants to be haunted, whether that means by fears, bad decisions, or actual ghosts. They’re all equally awful—well, being haunted by the supernatural may achieve a new level of awful. However, holding on to outdated product innovation processes can have the same effect as these nagging haunts. The longer they stick around, the worse or more hindering they can become, and they can wreak even more havoc on your life.
Don’t dig your own grave when it comes to product innovation processes. Sure, many manufacturers have been using the same systems and tools to introduce new products to market for decades, and many continue to stick with the familiar. Instead, rise-up to the standard demanded by the introduction of smart, connected products, and face your competition (and your fears of the unknown) by maturing your product portfolio management processes and innovation tools.
This may sound scarier than it seems, but it isn’t a trick. It’s time to kill those outdated processes and improve your organization’s time to market. The assets compiled below make up the perfect arsenal for fighting off those demons that are holding you back.
Treat yourself to the information in this reading list to scare off those haunts.
- 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management [Report]: “As the PPM life cycle evolves, the focus for PPM leaders is on realizing two main goals: aligning investments with strategic value and diversifying execution approaches to reduce time to value.”
- Market Guide for Manufacturing Product Portfolio Management [Report]: “Manufacturing CEOs list growth as a top initiative but face internal and external challenges to achieving it.”
- Killing with Confidence [Webinar]: “Many organizations have a hard time finding the cultural courage to kill projects.”
- An Action Plan to Improve Your Product Portfolio [eBook]: “Enterprise-class solutions for product portfolio management, or PPM, are becoming mission-critical for today’s manufacturers.”
- Sixth Product Portfolio Management Benchmark Study: “With the introduction of smart, connected products, companies need to mature their product portfolio management processes and innovation tools.”
- Report – “Findings from the Sixth Product Portfolio Management Benchmark Study.”
- Webinar – “The Surprising Secrets to Delivering Smarter, More Connected Products.”
- Executive Brief – “Five Things Top Performers Do Differently to Deliver Profitable, Innovative Products.”
- Infographic – “The Business Transformation Required to Innovate in the Digital Era.”
It may be strange to encourage the cold-blooded murder of your outdated processes, but it is, quite frankly, necessary for your organization’s survival. If you don’t act now, you’ll find those process will be back to haunt you more and more each year, while your competition soars ahead, free from any demons. You may enjoy the spookiness of Halloween, but it isn’t as fun when it becomes a hindrance to your organization.