You don’t have to be a pirate to find hidden treasure—although it may give you the upper hand. With the right information, anyone can become the hero or heroine to unlock secrets to success—in this case, secrets to work and resource management. While the benefits of work and resource management are (not-so-hidden) jewels, there is an abundance of information available to help you fully unlock the treasure chest.
To get you started on your treasure hunt, we compiled the relics that users found to be most helpful in determining which path to follow. These relics, included in each of the steps below, include the assets that were most downloaded by readers of the Planview blog in 2017.
Follow these 3 steps to discover each hidden gem before setting out on your journey:
1. Ensure you have each piece of the treasure map
You want to start any journey well-informed and with a map that’s fully intact. The following whitepapers and eBooks contain the information you’ll need for guidance.
- An Enterprise Architecture Communication Framework – Find out how you can become a part of the business conversation about technology.
- How to Become Agile Using Kanban – Four ways to visualize work and help your team become more productive and adaptable to change.
- The Top 7 Reports for IT PMOs – Drive actionable decisions quickly and prove the PMO’s value to your CIO through reporting, analytics, and dashboard tools.
- Survival Guide for Successful Collaborative Work Management – Seven practical ways you can beat the workplace chaos by using a single work collaboration tool.
2. Heed the prophecies of oracles in the field
Heroes and heroines typically begin a quest by first receiving advice from superiors or the prophecy of an oracle. These analyst reports present sage advice for setting your course for success.
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management, Worldwide – PPM groups continue to diversify and grow in complexity. Find out in this report how the PPM market is responding.
- Lost in Translation: Why Enterprise Architecture Teams Need to Speak the Language of Business – Discover how EA teams can bridge the gap between IT and the business in the digital age.
- Increase Your Value: Become the Modern, Agile PMO – PMOs today must find a ways to deliver service through a customer-centric view, rather than the traditional inside-out view.
3. Strategize your route and compile necessary tools
Once you have all the information you need, it’s time to fully plan your route—which may require a little practice. The following demos give you the opportunity to do just that, and provide insight into what lies ahead.
- Portfolio and Resource Management Solution – Integrate strategy and execution across all your work and resources to deliver business outcomes.
- Strategic Planning Solution – Drive business strategy throughout your enterprise.
- Enterprise Architecture Solution – Make better decisions about application and technology portfolios to advance business capabilities and strategies.
With the help of these popular assets, you will be equipped with the wisdom necessary to unlock all the benefits of work and resource management. Share the wealth found in the treasure chest throughout your organization, and I’m sure your results will be legendary.