5 Tips to get your Innovation Management Program on the Right Track
In a recent article posted on Innovation Management.se, Steve Beaumont outlines 5 things organizations can do to bridge the perception gap between executive management and reality for innovation management maturity.
- Educate executives – use the Fourth Product Portfolio Management Benchmark Survey to provide evidence of the pitfalls of having too many projects and overloaded resources
- Identify the gaps – use the Innovation Management Maturity Model to understand where stakeholders believe the organization ranks for each category and overall
- Have a plan – think of quick changes that yield immediate ROI (download the whitepaper to get some ideas)
- Speak their language – get into their world and articulate your plan using their language (download the whitepaper to see a helpful chart to easily identify personality types)
- Don’t wait for perfect to get started – there’s never a “perfect” time so just dig in with confidence
Continue reading the complete article: “Mind the Gap! 5 Tips on How to Align Your Boss’ Perception of Innovation Maturity with Reality”
The article extracts insights from a white paper recently published by Carrie Nauyalis, NPD solution evangelist, Planview. Get your free copy here: Gaining Agreement: How Mature is Your Innovation Management Program?
I’d like to hear from you. What do you think do you think about the 5 tips and are there any other tips we should add to the list?