“Each time you receive an email that describes a defect, or send one asking about a requirement, it costs a little bit of time and money, and introduces the opportunity for errors and omissions.”
Connecting your best-of-breed tools for planning, building and delivering enterprise software is probably on your radar. Considering that nearly 50 percent of the Fortune 100 have mastered delivering software at scale by defining and creating a Value Stream Network through integration, how can it not be?
At the same time, you have a million and one business initiatives, and your organization’s software delivery “seems” to be functioning at high level, so integration can wait…or can it?
If your Software Value Stream isn’t integrated, it’s highly likely you’re underperforming and quickly falling behind your competitors. If you’re not sure, ask yourself some of the following questions. Does your organization
- Spend too much money to deliver too few features to the business?
- Have a sizeable backlog of software initiatives that could deliver more value to the business?
- Strain to deliver on the timescales the business wants?
- Spend substantial extra time and money to ensure your process is governed and your software is compliant?
- Struggle to maximize the effectiveness of your Agile and DevOps initiatives, or the return on your investments in existing tools and practices?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of the following questions, then you really do need to integrate your Software Value Stream today. But we get that it’s easy to put it on the back burner. We’ve heard all the key arguments for putting integration off, including:
- “We’re planning to bring in new tools and should deploy them first”
- “We’re improving our process first”
- “We’ve adopted Agile, Lean and DevOps”
- “Something this complicated must take forever to deploy
- “Users will need extensive training”
- “Services and support will be too expensive”
These would be strong arguments – if they were true. In fact, they’re all easily refuted.
Download this white paper to learn why Software Value Stream Integration should be your number one priority if you’re looking to scale and optimize your enterprise software delivery and remain competitive in a digital world.
Remember, every day you don’t move ahead is another day you fall a little further behind.