“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”– Winston Churchill
The holidays are here which means spending quality time with family and friends, expressing gratitude, reflecting on the past year, and above all- giving back. At Planview, we have a lot to be thankful for and we like to show our gratitude by lending a hand and giving back to our local communities.
Earlier this year, Planview launched an initiative called “Planview Force for Good.” The initiative started back in May of 2021 where Planview gave employees 8 hours of company time to go out into their communities and volunteer for any charity or organization of their choosing. The response was overwhelmingly positive with over 1,400 hours spent volunteering. Groups came together to clean up parks, volunteered to help the homeless, animal shelters, and so much more. This initiative launched with momentous success and now the Planview employees are giving back again!
From November 29th through December 3rd 2021, Planview employees are coming together for a Week of Giving. The idea is simple: employees are being encouraged to pick their own cause or charity to support or they can get involved with a local organization a Planview regional leader has assembled. Teams have been created globally to ensure that all employees have a chance to give back within their region. Whether employees want to donate their time, food, clothes, or money, it is completely up to them! The main objective is to be a positive force for good and motivate others to do the same. Planview regional leaders around the globe have come together to donate their time and resources to help local organizations that need help.
Here are six ways Planview employees are giving back for our Week of Giving:
- In Sydney, a small team will volunteer with Settlement Services International (SSI) where they will be preparing Christmas hampers to support the recent refugee arrivals in Australia.
- In Bangalore, our team is helping to raise funds for Sri Rakum School for the blind.
- In Canada, our leader has set up a United Way campaign. The team has already raised $11,250 when their goal was $9,000. Way to give back team!
- A team in France is helping raise funds for the Tandem organization to help refugees.
- In Planview’s hometown, Austin, our team is organizing a clothing donation to the Leander ISD Clothes Closet.
- Our local teams in the UK are donating to the Salvation Army Christmas Appeal. This provides children with gifts for the holidays that otherwise would not receive presents.
Are you looking for ways to give back this holiday season? If so, I hope that this list provides ideas on how you can go out and help your neighborhood. We know that every bit of kindness helps. Planview is excited to become a force for good not just during the holiday season but all year round.