It is important to us at Planview that our employees live happy lives so they can be their best selves every day.
There is an old Chinese proverb that concludes, “If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody else.” To that end, during the week of May 24th Planviewers around the globe were encouraged to be a force for good in their local communities as part of Planview’s inaugural Week of Giving.
This wasn’t a competition and any effort for good was, and will continue to be, good.
Employees were encouraged to spend up to 8 hours during “work hours” volunteering and giving back to their communities in any way they chose. It was important to provide our people choice in how they give back, not just because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but because our employees live around the world and have many different ways of giving of themselves that we did not want to stifle any of the good our people are willing to do.
And willing they are. Our employees – without the promise of any reward, other than the good feeling that comes from helping others – gave of themselves in impressive ways. Globally, Planviewers volunteered over 1,400 hours of their time benefitting organizations and communities across the world in places like: Arizona, Austin (TX), Australia, Boston, Chicago, Denver (Colorado), Florida, France, Germany, Israel, Montreal, Philadelphia, Toronto, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Stockholm, and countless other places!
Here are just a few highlights of what some of our people chose to do across Planview:
- Calum, a training consultant in the UK, completed a shift at the Colchester United FC COVID Vaccination Centre.
- Not only did Heike, Elisabetta, Kirstin, and Mikael pick up trash along tracking paths in Germany and France, they also tracked their steps and gave money for every kilometer walked to a local Children’s Cancer Fund.
- Eric delivered ice and helped with various other tasks at George Floyd Square in Minneapolis.
- Debbie collected children’s glasses that will be donated to children in developing countries around the world to enrich their lives.
- The product team in Austin joined forces to pick up trash and remove graffiti on trail signage along the Violet Crown Trail.
- Jerry spent a morning with a foundation for the homeless to serve breakfast to over 50 people in need.
- Mike picked up several bags of trash near a local lake, including lots of plastic that was on its way to the lake and river. While thousands of miles away in Germany, Markus also cleaned the area around a lake near his home.
- Kerry helped a group of volunteers at a local food depository put together 1,175 boxes of food in one day. One box of food is given to a family and each box weighs 16lbs!
- Mike helped clear driftwood from a local river waterfront and set up gear for a youth windsurf and stand-up paddleboard (SUP) program.
Thank you to all of our employees around the globe for taking the time to be a force for good in your communities – we know our week of giving provided all of us only a small glimpse into the good you all do all year long.