No one plans on letting project deadlines slip, missing business opportunities, or slowing innovation. Whether overcommitting or underutilizing, there is always a high price to pay for not using resources efficiently or focusing them on the most strategic efforts.
Just how costly? According to a 2014 benchmark study of 480 planning and resource leaders from around the globe, the top business risks associated with poor Resource Management and Capacity Planning include:
- Loss of revenue (51%)
- Missed business opportunities (51%)
- Dissatisfied customers or clients (28%)
On the flip side, those taking a holistic view into both pipeline demand and resource capacity are 53 percent more likely to operate at a higher maturity level and are reaping the benefits of doing so. In fact, top performing companies realize the value of focusing on capacity planning as a priority.
Take a peek at the findings, download an excerpt of The 2014 State of Resource Management and Capacity Planning – Mastering the Resource Dilemma: Five Key Practices of Top Performing Organizations and glance at the infographic below.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Proof that the resource dilemma can be solved: as maturity increases, pain points decrease
- Top five best practices of high performing organizations and interview summaries at different stages of maturity
- Steps for assessing your resource management and capacity planning maturity
Read the excerpt now to deliver on your business goals with the most efficient and intelligent use of resources. I also invite you to explore a plethora of information related to this topic at: RMCP.Planview.com.