Before I share the final piece in the “best-of” 2014 series for IT and EPMO professionals, here’s a quick run-down of the resources covered so far in this series:
- The 2014 State of Resource Management and Capacity Planning Report
- “Four Key Strategies on Managing Resource and Capacity for Enterprise Initiatives” 13-minute video
- “Why Resource Management: The Art and Science of Projecting Capacity Featuring Farmers Insurance,” a Planview customer case study webcast
…bringing us to the last asset in this series, “The Capacity Quadrant: 4 Keys to Demystifying Resource Management” webcast featuring Brad Clark, director of enterprise portfolio management at BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina. I enjoyed this webcast because I think there’s no better way to learn best practices than from real-world scenarios from the people who’ve lived it.
I like how Brad explains lessons learned and recommendations in the following areas, the key components of The Capacity Quadrant. I’ve highlighted Brad’s story in the associated time stamps so you can easily navigate to the parts of the recording that interest you.
- Visibility into demand and capacity (5.27)
- Prioritization of projects to ensure alignment with the business strategy (13.45)
- Optimization of investments and capacity (25.00)
- Integration of top-down and bottom-up planning (29.50)
You can to listen to the entire webcast: The Capacity Quadrant: 4 Keys to Demystifying Resource Management for practical advice that you can begin using in your organization to improve your capacity planning efforts. The white paper, “The Capacity Quadrant: 4 Keys to Demystifying Resource Management,” for additional insights from Jerry Manas is available for your reference.
I hope you found this series of top resources to be insightful and useful to you and your colleagues! What is your approach to managing resource and capacity within your enterprise? Share by leaving a comment below.