It’s that time of year again—leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting colder, and pumpkin is once again the flavor of the season. With everyone gearing up for the holidays, this time of year can get rather busy. It’s always nice to take some time out from your day-to-day schedule, grab a warm drink, and cozy up with something good to read—something like the reading list below. It’s the perfect companion for those fireside nights.
So, what is there to expect? We have compiled the top eight assets related to portfolio and resource management that can greatly benefit you and your organization:
- How to Avoid the ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ of a Level 2 PMO: This Gartner report highlights the common mistakes and behaviors often committed by the PMO and ways to avoid them in your project management practices.
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management: This must-have annual report evaluates software providers targeting a complete and evolving PPM lifecycle. Guess who is named as leader?
- The Digital Age Requires a New Way of Working: This recent article from Architecture and Governance Magazine discusses how you can lead successful transformation within your organization.
- The Savvy PMO’s Guide to Prioritization: The PMO often struggles to prioritize projects. This whitepaper features suggestions to adopt more formal methods to prioritize the right work to achieve the greatest value.
- Digital Doesn’t Have to be Disruptive: This Harvard Business Review article dives into how digital isn’t necessarily disruptive, but rather, digital tools are used to address a known customer need.
- Planview Named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: This must-have report evaluates strategic portfolio management (SPM) software solutions providers that can help organizations drive digital transformation.
- Linking the IT PMO to the Business: This whitepaper explains the importance of connecting the PMO with the business and how linking them will result in improved strategy and delivery.
- Innovative CIOs make shift to managing IT as a product: The digital transformation gold rush has enterprises revamping their organizations from project-based IT service delivery to product-oriented technology, according to this article from CIO.com.
With these assets, you can come back from the holiday not only well-rested but also well-informed. It’s the perfect excuse to take a break from your daily work (or from all the extended family time). Plus, the information you learn may just help you get ahead before the next winter break and the start of the new year.
Interested in learning more about portfolio and resource management? Visit Planview.com/PRM.
Let us know which asset you find to be the most beneficial by leaving a comment below.