On a daily basis, we help our customers with connecting various SDLC tools, so that they can use best of breed tools and still communicate clearly with each other. An example would be a Jira integration with a support tool like ServiceNow. After attending the Atlassian Summit, I noticed an interesting pattern that was common among some of the people who walked by our booth. What I learned is that sometimes we don’t even have to look past Jira to find a need for integration. A lot of the enterprise organizations taking advantage of the flexibility of Jira are truly using multiple Jira instances–one gentleman I spoke to had 47 Jira instances! Whether it’s a result of different teams or lines of business within the same company on separate instances, or even a merger or acquisition, you see different flavors of the multi-Jira architecture:
- Split across Jira server and Jira Cloud
- Split across various Jira server instances
- Split across Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud instances
In these scenarios you may not even realize that integration is needed or that it could be extremely helpful. There are two main problems that integration would solve here.
- First, visibility among teams. Integration will help make your work and connections visible, so everyone always knows what they are supposed to be working on and the status of any work.
- Second, reporting and metrics. While a single Jira instance can give you insight into teams and work within that Jira instance, having different Jira instances will force your people to log into multiple places to get information about all of the teams. Integration can help unify the information in one place (either a Jira or a database), so you can run reports and analytics across all of your teams.
The video below shows a seamless integration between two Jira instances/teams to allow for visibility across the board. The main reasons for needing this integration could be the need for cross-system visibility, overarching reporting or separate team communication.
Interested in learning more about integrating multiple Jira instances? Register for our webinar, “How to Integrate Multiple Jira Instances to Improve Collaboration, Visibility and Reporting” on May 9th at 12pm ET to learn more about how integration can help connect various Jira instances and see it in action.
Request a demo if you know what specifics you’d like to see in a live demonstration!