In case you haven’t heard – our Horizons Customer Conference was another rousing success in both Austin (Global) and London (Europe) this fall. With speakers from leading companies like ADP, Keurig Green Mountain, Miller Coors, and Siemens, more than 500 attendees got the chance to network with fellow Planview customers, listen to real-world presentations, and obtain critical training and development. (Here’s a time lapse of Planview customers entering the keynote session at the JW Marriott in Austin, Texas.)
It was an honor for me to be a part of this event once again – I have seen it grow into what it is today, a family reunion of sorts, from its origins 19 years ago with Planview Enterprise, to adding the European event, and bringing in Projectplace, Troux, and this year introducing Innotas customers to the world of Planview.
From first-time attendees to long-time customers, they all gained unique insights into the Planview roadmap and how to leverage our products – from moving to a hosted cloud to using project collaboration tools. Some of the highlights in Austin included:
- 396 registrations with 175 companies represented
- 38 meet-the-experts sessions and 26 customer sessions
- 35 Planview sessions presented
In London, we had:
- 131 registered attendees from 71 companies and 8 partners represented
- 7 customer sessions and 10 Planview sessions presented
What did our customers have to say after the PPM conference? Many were excited to share similar experiences and make long-term connections. Here are some of their takeaways from both conferences:
- Horizons is a great place to meet up with familiar faces that make up the Planview Customer Community
- Enjoyed learning about how to “be the hero” in their organization by leveraging the PMO and EA to achieve strategic goals for the business
- Excited to learn more about collaboration and ideation tools like ProjectPlace that complement PPM and EA solutions
- Interested to learn about Work and Resource Management as Planview leads the market with new, empowering solutions
Of course, a highlight of both Horizons’ events was the opportunity to recognize customers. At our Global PPM conference in Austin, Planview honored five customers with Vision Awards: Carestream, Cisco, Flowserve, Freddie Mac, and Mentor Graphics. In Europe, Planview honored three Vision Award customers: Kingspan Insulation and Royal Bank of Scotland.
The Vision Award recognizes those organizations that leverage Planview work and resource management solutions to achieve and exceed their goals for strategic planning, portfolio and resource management, work collaboration, and enterprise architecture.
Each of these companies has leveraged one or more Planview solutions to drive positive change resulting in measurable benefits within their respective organizations.
We also recognized 22 individuals as “Planview Champions” in both Austin and London. These are customers who advocated for Planview in one or many areas, such as Inner Circles, Planview Customer Community, analyst and customer references, and more. Learn more about the global 2016 Planview Vision and Champions award recipients and the Europe 2016 Planview Vision and Champion award winners.
Congratulations to all – be sure to save the date for next year’s events in Austin and London. Registration and Call for Presentations open spring 2017, so be on the lookout and consider sharing your story! I hope to see you there!