Spigit is off to a great start in 2017 after a very successful 2016.
Last year we announced our strategy to extend our leadership in Innovation Management, and I’m pleased to say that we are firing on all cylinders, as Spigit has become the de facto standard for the enterprise.
With the New Year in full swing, I’m excited to share a couple of big announcements with you.
Spigit’s Acquisition of Kindling
Kindling, which was among the top innovation management tools in the Forrester Wave™ for Innovation Management Solutions (2016) report, is a team-level idea management tool used by global enterprises including NBC Universal, NewsCorp, Etsy, and BBDO.
I’m excited to enhance both the Spigit team as well as our customer base through this acquisition. We’ll be able to provide a stellar customer experience, and we are looking forward to working closely with Kindling customers. As part of the acquisition, the employees at Kindling will join Spigit’s sales, development, customer success, and operations teams.
Ultimately we see new opportunities for Kindling customers to take advantage of Spigit’s industry leading software as well as support and strategy teams to help drive their success.
For Spigit customers, you’ll have an even broader community of innovation peers and the assurance that you have chosen the market leader as your innovation management software of choice.
2016 was a record year for Spigit
I’d like to thank you, our customers, for a record year. I’m pleased to announce that we grew sales 39% year-over-year in 2016.
Major Product investments in 2016
- Completely new mobile experience, with the application now supporting HTML5. Not surprisingly, we saw a dramatic increase in mobile use after this release.
- We continue to provide the best analytics on the market – now you can access reports on any Spigit data field.
- Crowd Science – As always, we are proud to be the only provider to develop algorithms for stimulating and extracting great ideas from large crowds. With our most recent filings and patent awards, Spigit now has a combined 13 patents and patents pending on our proprietary algorithms that make sure only the best ideas rise to the top. We accelerated Spigit releases – major releases are coming at least 4 times per year – which means that our customers investment in Spigit will continue to have strong ROI.
Supporting every industry through providing tangible value
We were pleased to welcome a long list of new customers including global brands such as American Express, AIG, Sony Pictures, Nasdaq, PG&E, Li&Fung, and Toyota to the Spigit community.
Spigit’s rapid growth is directly attributable to the valuable outcomes from implementing Spigit innovation management software. We succeed as our customers realize the benefits of engaging their employees, getting to the best ideas and drive tangible, measurable business outcomes.
We’ve barely begun! We’ve got some exciting projects coming soon:
- The Ignite Conference on May 4 in San Francisco is going to be the “must attend” event for Innovation teams at every large brand, and registrants are already pouring in with speakers from Johnson & Johnson, Li & Fung, and more confirmed.
- A massive Spring product release that includes an improved ability to track the value of ideas, greater Admin experience, and further investment in scalability and security.
- We’ll be announcing new partnerships that will add significant value for Spigit customers.
Thanks again, to our customers, for a terrific year. Here’s to a successful New Year and welcome to the Spigit family, Kindling customers!
If you’re interested in learning more about our announcements, please read the press release.