The Planview Vision Awards are given out annually to a select few Planview customers to recognize our customers’ success, hard work, and future goals with our solutions.
We are thrilled to acknowledge a handful of forward-looking organizations that have excelled at achieving their strategic goals by leveraging Planview’s solutions.
We also use this opportunity to recognize customers who challenge Planview to build better products and provide better service, leading to improved collaboration while helping us define what success means to our customers.
Here is a brief look into this year’s winners:
Nicolas Cooper, Portfolio Strategy Senior Analyst
- Chevron’s Environmental Management Company (EMC) manages remediation and asset retirement obligations for over 650 sites across the United States.
- Since 2020, EMC has been leveraging Planview Advisor to help define a more effective portfolio strategy and planning approach and utilize advanced data analysis to help optimize allocation of resources and more efficiently manage remediation and asset retirement obligations.
We recognize Chevron with the 2023 Vision Award due to their application of advanced data modeling techniques onto a well-established strategic portfolio management process.
Chevron has formed a multi-tiered strategy based on macroeconomic and institutional data and more accurately forecast economic outcomes for their portfolio.
Children’s Hospital of Orange County
Brian Summons, PMO Manager
- Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) is a model of success and growth within the Healthcare industry.
- CHOC has been a visionary Planview customer since they first started using the AdaptiveWork solution in March 2018.
- Since then, they have steadily brought on more business units, each with their own unique requirements.
The Children’s Hospital of Orange County’s physicians, nurses and staff are dedicated to caring for children, whether they are healthy or seriously ill.
We are honored to be a partner with an organization such as this, with a strong and worthy mission.
As such, they exemplify the power of AdaptiveWork as a flexible enterprise-wide platform to enable various teams to operate in the way that best suits their needs.
They have succeeded at streamlining their operations, gaining greater visibility and alignment between teams, breaking down silos, and creating a central repository of their requests and intake processes.
CHOC has always had a sharp vision of what their strategic business outcomes are and how Planview can support them.
Endress + Hauser
Sebastian Büchle, Expert Project & Portfolio Management
- Endress+Hauser is a global leader in industrial measurement instrumentation, services, and solutions for industrial process engineering.
- The Switzerland-based company of 16,000 employees has steadily expanded their use of Planview’s Portfolios solution for the past 10 years, starting in IT and now including customer projects.
- In 2023, the company rolled out AgilePlace and ProjectPlace to manage and align their 2027 strategic initiatives.
- Now it has become a connected platform within Endress+Hauser for effective project portfolio management.
The success of Endress+Hauser as a family-owned company has always been a strong customer focus. Understanding customer´s needs is the valuable result of many collaborative projects and long-term partnerships.
This becomes evident in the openness the company shows when it comes to experimenting with and building creative use cases within Planview’s product suite.
The Endress+Hauser team has created cross-product interfaces and displayed them back to Planview, so that we may share knowledge to the benefit of their customer peers.
Lastly, Endress+Hauser embodies and fosters a spirit of community amongst other European customers. This past June they hosted a “Planview Day” event at their Headquarters in Basel Switzerland.
Bringing together customers, Planview SMEs and prospects alike for a full day of great thought leadership content.
It is with the same spirit of collaboration and community that we extend a Vision Award to the Endress+Hauser team.
Huntington National Bank
Sam Rassekh, SVP Enterprise Agile Operations & Transformation Director
- Huntington National Bank (Huntington Bank) wanted to adapt to evolving industry practices and consumer preferences to stay relevant in a competitive market.
- Understanding that the traditional “fixed scope, fixed budget” project execution model would no longer fuel the innovation needed to achieve growth and support speed to market.
- Huntington Bank then embarked on an Agile transformation journey to evolve how its business solutions were delivered, funded, prioritized, and governed.
Shifting to a product-and-value stream-centric model powered by Planview AgilePlace, enabled Huntington National Bank to track and measure continuous flow, backlog health and consistency of work in their portfolios.
The company continues its journey while seeing ongoing momentum across its businesses giving leadership confidence in its ability to continue to grow while expanding the breadth and depth of the transformation.
Huntington Bank is an excellent example of how a desire to change, combined with a vision for success and strong executive support, can propel an Agile transformation, at scale, that many companies are still striving to achieve.
Adriana Callerio, IT Performance and PMO Leader, Amer Jneid, Senior Advisor, Agile Transformation, Andrea Chin, Executive Director, Head of Global Digital Program Management Office
- Ingram Micro helps businesses Realize the Promise of Technology. It delivers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
- Ingram Micro initially purchased ProjectPlace in 2015 which was later replaced with Portfolios in 2018 as they matured the technology investment management practice in their IT Global PMO.
Ingram Micro’s partnership continued to grow as IdeaPlace was added in 2021. Today Ingram Micro has thousands of users at 95% utilization, an outstanding success in and of itself.
The company’s PMO has leveraged a good portion of Planview’s platform for delivering value managing a bimodal work portfolio that supports both project and product management practices and maintains governance for Ingram Micro.
Over the last 18 months, AgilePlace has grown exponentially within Ingram Micro as the digital portfolio teams have adopted it for their PI Planning in delivering their most strategic and important product for the reseller community.
Ingram Micro continues to work with the AgilePlace product team to help make Planview products better with several high-quality product enhancement requests.
Gordon Gutewort, Operations Excellence Manager
- Siemens Energy, a leader in the world of conventional and renewable energy, has set their mission to ‘energize society’
- The company is empowering customers to meet growing global demand for energy while transitioning to a more sustainable world.
- Siemens Energy first engaged with Planview in 2018, deploying AdaptiveWork within their client operations divisions as a Professional Services & Collaborative Work Management system.
Siemens Energy always had a bigger plan for the future of AdaptiveWork within their organization.
A key strategy for enabling their vision for growth, the Project Management team established the “OnePM” initiative, this is their internal name for an enterprise-wide business transformation and digitization initiative.
Today, AdaptiveWork is used across 3 Business Areas, multiple Execution Units and Regional Service Units globally with 2,570 users and the goal of increasing individual PM efficiency, transparency, improving cross-departmental collaboration, and de-risking their strategic bets for all future initiatives.
The next phase with Planview at Siemens Energy is to continue expanding features on top of the established AdaptiveWork platform, such as SPM, OKRs and shifting to AWS for best-in-class infrastructure.
We recognize Siemens Energy deserves due to their extraordinary scope of usage across the global enterprise and their steadfast determination to see their OnePM initiative thrive.
Teacher’s Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA)
Melissa Dade, Senior Agile Coach
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America, (TIAA) helps educators retire with dignity by providing retirement and other financial services to teachers, government workers and more.
- TIAA’s Agile Transformation Office (ATO) took the lead as an early adopter and innovation collaborator for our Planview Viz product.
- To guarantee a smooth and comprehensive rollout, the ATO team at TIAA initiated the process by standardizing workflows.
Following this, the TIAA set up an exemplary knowledge base and a comprehensive training initiative. This encompassed conducting weekly office hours to offer real-time assistance, coaching, and guidance for teams that were newly brought on board.
Presently, there are more than 400 dashboards within the Planview platform, furnishing real-time flow metrics for teams, Agile Release Trains (ARTs), and portfolios.
A substantial number of individuals routinely access Viz as an integral part of their daily responsibilities, thereby enhancing their implementation of SAFe practices.
Their teams incorporated flow metrics into their regular cadence meetings, including retrospective, inspect and adapt sessions, as well as PI (Program Increment) planning, all aimed at expediting flow and fostering business agility.
We acknowledge their remarkable status as a Viz Trailblazer and their exceptional approach to facilitating organization-wide change management and empowerment.
Wrapping it Up
There you have it! Seven unique companies, each with their own stories of driving transformation and strategic initiatives while leveraging Planview’s platform of solutions to find success.
At Planview, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Congratulations to our 2023 Vision Award Winners, and thank you to all our customers for your continued support and partnership.