Autumn is only a few days away. The kids are back in school, pumpkin spiced lattes are back at Starbucks (my favorite), football has started, and the holidays will be here before we know it. With all this change in the air, it can be difficult to stay up-to-date on relevant enterprise architecture content. To that end, I’ve complied a reading and resource list for enterprise architects that I think you will appreciate. Simply bookmark your favorites to read in your spare time.
This list consists of various customer case studies, articles, eBooks, whitepapers and analyst reports from experts and industry analysts. Happy reading!
- Customer Webcast: The Mass Mutual Customer Story: A Dickens of a Journey – John Anderson of MassMutual shares how enterprise and business architecture at MassMutual has evolved over the last five years, where MassMutual’s EA practice is today, and where the organization is headed.
- A&G Magazine Article: How the Enterprise Graph Can Improve Data Governance – Leveraging an enterprise graph is a new concept, many in IT don’t completely understand how to get started or what it can deliver. Author Vaaco Cohen explains what you need to know and provides three ways the enterprise graph can help organizations improve data governance.
- Customer Case Study: Nationwide Building Society Mitigates Resilience Risk and Supports Capability Investments – Discover how Nationwide Building Society uses Planview’s solution for capability and technology management as its single, trusted repository for application portfolio management and technology portfolio management.
- Customer Case Study: The World Bank Group Delivers Increased Business Value with Application Portfolio Management – Learn how the World Bank Group uses Planview’s capability and technology management solution to collect, manage, and maintain its inventory into a single, trusted source of record that brings visibility to its application infrastructure, saves time for EAs to focus on more strategic work, and informs decisions across business lines.
- A&G Magazine Article: Industry Leader Discusses Why Business Process and EA are the Foundation of Data Governance – A&G’s editor Holt Hackney interviews erwin Inc.’s CEO Adam Famularo about company’s transformation, how enterprise architecture and business process modeling relate to data governance, and the challenges and opportunities regarding enterprise data management.
- A&G Magazine Article: Seven Steps to Help Enterprise Architects Become Better Strategic Advisors to Business – Terence Blevins with The Open Group and member of the governing board gives his take on how enterprise architects can become better strategic advisors to the business.
- Whitepaper: An Enterprise Architecture Communication Framework: There has never been a better time for the Enterprise Architect to show the value they can bring to the business. This whitepaper provides a simple communication framework that augments traditional EA frameworks and helps architects become part of the business transformation conversation.
- eBook: Three deliverables Every EA should Be Providing to the Project Management Office – This eBook outlines why the enterprise architect and the project management office should be collaborating more effectively and presents three items the EA should regularly deliver to the PMO to facilitate mutual success.
- Article: Top 10 Application Portfolio Management Best Practices – Today, application portfolio management is more important yet more complex than ever. Companies are under pressure to drive growth and revenue with digital transformation initiatives, requiring an optimized application portfolio. This article features ten best practices for success with APM.
- Analyst Report: 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management, Worldwide: Gartner has named Planview a Leader in the May 2018 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Project Portfolio Management, Worldwide” for its ability to execute and its completeness of vision. Gartner evaluated Planview based on the company’s PPM-related products, including Planview Enterprise One, Planview PPM Pro, Planview Projectplace, and Planview LeanKit.
Stay tuned to the Planview Blog for more content related to enterprise architecture. Be sure to share this content with your peers and associates.