It’s complicated. Project managers must embrace the lightning fast pace of innovation. They must also ensure portfolios, programs, and projects are linked to strategy – along with managing resources and owning execution. Project Manager Today, is a leading and only independent magazine for project managers and we’re excited to share the recent in-depth review of Innotas by Planview.
In the article, Technical Editor Steve Cotterell explores why Planview is rapidly expanding in the European PPM market. By linking people, technological, and financial assets, Planview’s work and resource management (WRM) solutions are effectively connecting strategy and execution with resource optimization. A cloud-based solution, Innotas is designed to help users discover whether the projects they are working on are not only the right ones, but the best investments for the business.
In the article, Cotterell suggests that Innotas and other Planview products are finding an audience with both large organizations new to PPM software and small-to mid-market companies. Here are some of the highlights from this in-depth review of Innotas by Planview:
- The product’s updated user interface means reporting, navigation, and user experience are combined and streamlined, providing strong and flexible resource planning.
- All Innotas data can be used to report on individual portfolios and, for reporting and analytical purposes, rolled up to the highest level.
- Submitted requests pass through a phase-gate process, which offers a completely configurable scoring model that can be associated with specific request types.
- Gantt charts can help track issues and risks as informal change requests and lessons learned. The relative risk data can be captured and monitored and mitigation actions can be tracked.
- What-if scenario planning uses a proprietary algorithm to select and optimize the projects that it calculates will comprise a portfolio. This helps organizations make the best use of available resources based on the organization’s priorities.
Product reviews are a great way to learn about products. Read the full review to learn how Innotas is delivering a proven solution to manage projects and resources and improve governance and visibility. How are you currently managing your organization’s projects? Leave a comment below.