What does 2020 hold in store for agile teams? According to our crystal ball (actually, it’s a discussion thread and Kanban board), here are 7 bold predictions for the year ahead:
- Sprints will stop being exhaustive, and start being energizing. More agile teams will look forward to them vs. dread them. See? We told you these predictions were bold.
- More agile teams will stop being mercilessly inundated by an endless barrage of “mission critical requests” — because when everything is a priority, nothing is.
- More enterprises will scale agile across the organization — not necessarily replacing conventional teams, but working cohesively and collaboratively alongside them — in order to get closer to customers and deliver more value in less time.
- More agile teams will implement a newsroom or pod-style model, which brings cross-functioning professionals under a unifying umbrella to facilitate rapid information sharing and decision making.
- Relevant customers, colleagues, vendors and partners — i.e. folks who aren’t formally on the agile team — will be kept in the loop, so that communication and collaboration replace chaos and conflict. What a glorious loop it shall be!
- Technologies and processes will be put in place to make onboarding secure, simple and fast. In 2020, no agile team member will be left behind.
- Thanks to a solution like Planview AdaptiveWork Go, more agile teams will experience functional and effective task management — instead of wading through endless emails, having no clue of who’s doing what, or scavenger hunt through a digital wasteland for fabled work assignments and assets that may or may not exist (“legend has it that Sharon was supposed to pull together an update…).
Happy New Year & All the Best in 2020 from Team Planview AdaptiveWork!