When it comes to optimizing resources and improving collaboration, we can all agree that it is getting more and more complex to manage projects and data. As a way to fine-tune and structure business, Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) is, no doubt, here to stay. With this evolution comes the PPM tool, designed to deliver visibility and smooth out the rough edges around projects, objectives, and corporate strategy.
But do you clearly grasp the PPM landscape and where the market is headed? For an in-depth, future-forward look, Insight Partners has authored, Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 – 2025. An Empowered News article summarizes the report, which also highlights Planview as a major industry player.
What’s included in this detailed report? They review major factors impacting the global market, along with a market share analysis and a revenue breakdown by various sub-segments. By parsing this information by Platform Type, Deployment Type, End Users, and Geography, they provide much-needed financial insight to help you provide responsive project management for years to come.
Here are some of the factors, they cite, as driving demand and complications for PPM:
- The growing bring your own device (BYOD) trend as a cost-savings feature means more businesses are implementing PPM
- Security concerns surrounding the installation and usage of software as a service (SaaS)-based PPM solutions
- The lack of a skilled workforce who can educate customers post-implementation about how to correctly use PPM software
- Social media integration with PPM solutions are fueling a rising demand for more Agile tools
In addition, Insight Partners predict that cloud-based implementations will dominate the market as SaaS-based solutions are creating more competition. The report also covers:
- Key industry dynamics along with drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Suppliers, buyers, and their bargaining power
- Threats to the competitive landscape, including substitutes and new entrants
- Key facts, financial, and SWOT analysis of major key players, including Planview
I think you will find this report extremely helpful as you build a stronger business case around PPM. Read the article to learn more about the PPM marketplace, trends, and outlook.
Stay tuned to the Planview Blog for information about how Planview solutions address these industry challenges.
What do you think of the findings? Share by leaving a comment below.
Subscribe to the Planview Blog
Get Planview's latest articles and
posts straight to your inbox